Friday, September 5, 2008

NEW ZEALAND!!!

Hello from New Zealand! We got her just fine with out any trouble at all. We flew out of Little Rock to Dallas/Ft. Worth to Los Angeles to Auckland to Christchurch and now we are in Queenstown (all by flight)...needless to say, I am sick of flying.

New Zealand is absolutely beautiful! Words can't describe and pictures don't do justice in trying to describe what New Zealand looks like...breath-taking!! We didn't get to spend much time in Christchurch, NZ, but we did get to explore the biggest botanical garden that I have ever seen. It is HUGE! It also has the biggest tree that I have ever seen, probably big enough that you could put a car inside the trunk of it! Queenstown is absolutely gorgeous! It is a small town on the edge of a lake that is surrounded by snow-capped mountains! The town is very unique and the scenery is like none other!

As for the flying part, it wasn't bad. The take-offs and landings threw my stomach for a loop but I eventually got used to it. The 747 that we flew on from LA to Auckland blew my mind! Basically the whole "plane" concept floored me. All I could think about while flying in the plane was how much engineering it takes to build a plane and how those things get in the air with all that weight that they carry! And as I was thinking about those things that were made by human hands, I remembered everything that our God made and how great those things are: a human mind that is able to design the plane, a human body that is able to heal itself, a heart that pumps non-stop for 75 years, and not to mention all the beauty that we see in the landscape when we look around! What an awesome God!

Tomorrow we are leaving Queenstown to go to Arrowtown and then on to somewhere else that I can't think the name of. I will update the next chance I get but I dont know how soon that will be. But until then, I love you all and hope all is well!!

1 comment:

The Bloke's Dad said...

Glad to hear that you made it "down there" safely, Michael.
God does impressive work, doesn't He? Keep in touch as often as you can. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it and can appreciate the "concept" of flying, too!