Friday, September 19, 2008

Australia Thus Far

We have been in Australia for a little over a week now and it has been amazing. The condos where we are staying are literally a 30 second walk from the beach. Most days when we are done with classes, a lot of us have gone straight to the beach. Its a hard life. And our "classroom" has a view of a harbour. It reminds me of Finding Nemo when Marlin and Dorey are getting chased by seagulls. Classes are going... We have a lot more reading than I would like to do, but I guess I cant do anything about that. But I just wanted to make a list on things I have done so far so here it goes...

1) Got to hold and take a picture with a koala.
2) Got pooped on by the koala that I got to hold and take a picture with.
3) Got to pet some kangaroos.
4) Saw an alligator (maybe it was a croc.) that messured 5.1 meters (about 16 ft.) Thank goodness it was at the zoo and not in the wild.
5) Had a devo on the beach at night and watched the moon rise.

Its been great so far and it is just the beginning of the trip. We also went to a church here that is normally about 20 people...we more than doubled their amount. Even though they were so ovverwhelmed, they were so welcoming. It made me wonder why we at our own home churches can't be like that. When we are in our normal environment, why can't we, myself included, go up to a guest at church and tell them we are glad that they are there? Just something I have been thinking about. Love you all!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Michael,
Just wanted to say hello ~ Sounds like you are having a great time! Thanks for sending me the link to your blog...I'll check in to hear about your adventures...
Take care~

Cheri Smith