Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Best of Both Worlds

Today we arrived in Australia after a 2 hour delay in the New Zealand airport! We all were sad to leave the beauty of New Zealand, but at the same time we were anxious to get to the beaches...going from the mountains to the beach is quite a contrast (tell me of someone else who has seen both mountains and beaches in the same day!)! It really lets you see all of God's beauty!

So here is a list of all the things that are highlights of my trip to NZ...
1) Got off the plane when we first arrived in NZ and were surrounded by mountains
2) Jumped in a 50 degree lake
3) Rode the Gondola
4) Rode the luge and watched Neil almost die (not really...but seriously!)
5) Rode horses through where they filmed some of the Lord of the Rings Movies
6) Ate octopus and some other food that I dont know what it was
7) Went hiking and found THE makeout spot of Queenstown, NZ. You could tell that it was definitely well used...but NOT BY ME. To describe it, if you can picture in movies the typical spots where you drive up to and park and it overlooks the whole city...that's EXACTLY how it was!

But in Australia, I have already walked on the beach while it was lightening in the distance. The waves were definitely rolling! The biggest waves I have ever seen! Whenever I stand at the base of mountains or the edge of the rolling ocean, it always brings me back to the reality of how powerful God is and how little I really am...always good to have once in a while! But that is all for now! I love you all!

1 comment:

The Bloke's Dad said...

Glad to hear that you made it to Australia, Michael. Also, glad to hear that you didn't use the "makeout spot" that you found, TMI, if you had of! The beaches there are great, I suspect. Please send us some pictures when you get a chance and keep up the communication, when you can. Glad to hear that Neil's okay, too!