Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Time is Now

I can't believe it!! In precisely 7 hours and 53 minutes I will be on my way to the Little Rock airport to begin my quest to the other side of the world. Numerous emotions are rushing through me right now: excitement, fear, apprehensive, uncertainty (I could keep going but for your sake I won't). I am excited because well, for the obvious reasons, I am going to Australia and New Zealand! Fear and apprehensive go together and they are only because I have never flown before and I am going to be on a 16 hour flight across the ocean (talk about jumping in with both feet!!). And finally uncertainty because I have NO IDEA what to expect.

While overseas we are going to visit New Zealand and Australia and travel as much as we can within the countries (not to mention I am taking 17 hours). I am excited to travel and experience a whole other culture that differs from my own.

I will be taking a couple of humanities classes, a class about the life of Paul, elementary statistics, and earth science. I am sure I will learn a lot in those classes, but honestly, that's not what is most important to me during this trip. I hope I learn a lot about myself, I hope I learn a lot about my God, and I hope that I can become closer to him about the trip. It's easy to get comfortable and content with where you are in life when you have a routine that you follow everyday like I do. But when you break out of it, it can get a little scary and that is what I am feeling right now. I hope to lean on Him and learn more about him in the next 3 months. I hope that you can do the same, by breaking out of your routine to take a little time to spend with our loving, caring, and forgiving Father.

I hope you have a good, safe semester/3 months while I am gone. Please pray for the group as we travel as I will be doing the same for you back home. I love you and God bless you and keep you safe in His arms!

3 comments:

Scotty and Summer Roller said...

Have a safe trip and enjoyable trip, but most of all HAVE FUN!

Scotty

Little Sister Sarah said...

Way to make me cry! LOL! I am going to miss you SOOOOOOO much!!! My baby is all grown up! I love you!!! And I hope you have the time of your life! I know you will make some amazing friends! Remember who you are and who's you are!!! ;)

ldubb said...

I absolutely had the time of my life in Australia and New Zealand. It means a lot to me that you are going there as well so we can reminisce of the good times when you get back. It's so fun to hear sayings such as "no worries" and "g'day mate." I remember the exact place that I heard them for the first time. Enjoy it. Have fun. Meet an Australian Shelia.